Simple steps for choosing an Electrician in Canberra
There are so many electricians in Canberra it’s a bit overwhelming. How do you decide which electrician is going to be better than another? Are you going to be comfortable hiring the first Electrician you find from a localised Canberra Google search? Should you trust the first three search results in Google as they’re Paid Ads? Hopefully, we can answer your questions today and provide you with some advice when it comes to selecting a suitable electrician for your Canberra home or business.
Only hire a fully qualified and licensed Electrician!
- NEVER use an unlicensed ‘handyman’ mate or a mate of a mate who said he’ll do your ceiling fan installation or new powerpoint installation just because he’ll do it for a case of beer! This could land you and him in serious legal trouble even after the house is sold.
- It’s your right to request the electrician to produce a currency of electrical licence or you can check for licensed tradies here on the ACTPLA website https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/services/licence/#/electrician
- Does the Electrician display their ACT/NSW Electrical licence information on their website?
- Does the Electrician display their ABN/ACN on their website?
- Is the electrician even based in Canberra?
- Is the electrician insured? When things go wrong even by no fault of the electrician, you want to ensure your electrician is insured! Simple issues such as the electrician accidentally leave a roof tile kicked right back and the heavens open and it rains for 3 days straight! You’re going to experience some water damage here and by making sure your electrician is properly insured will save you thousands of dollars in repairs.
Just a few simple tips to save you time, money and some heartache!
Call Barry on 0487 789 585 for a quote on your next Canberra electrical job.